The gong swiftly and powerfully transports you to a place of peaceful, calming bliss. Use of the gong can be traced back hundreds of years to northern India, and is now a staple in Western Kundalini yoga classes.
Some benefits of Gong Yoga:
- Relieves neck pain, headaches, menstrual cramps, muscle pain, and improves joint flexibility and range of motion
- Creates deep relaxation and clears the mind
- Immediate reduction of stress and anxiety
- Stimulates the glandular system and improves function
- Stimulates circulation
- Organizes emotional energy
- Aids in breaking addictive behavior
- Regenerates the nervous system, neurons and their interconnections, strengthens the parasympathetic nervous system
- Clears the aura, opens and aligns the chakras
- Clears negative thought patterns from the subconscious mind
- Helps repair damage to the nervous system caused by stimulants (i.e. coffee) and stress.
The sound of the gong reaches the body on a cellular level, encouraging integrated healing of body, mind, and spirit, and the more gong sessions a student attends, the better the results.
About the teacher
Seva has been leading his Yoga Gong class for nearly 5 years. The class incorporates aspects of kundalini yoga with mantra meditation, concluding with a gong bath relaxation and joyful kirtan. All levels of experience are welcome to attend.